Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nesting

I know a lot of my fans out there have wondered where in the world I have been. Well I've been busy nesting for my little boy coming on May 21st--unless he gets here a little early like Jonah did.

This is what I've been working on. I'm proud of my latest work. I made all new bedding for Jonah and his brother's room.






I also worked on the guest bedroom. Here's the before.



Here's the after



I am mostly proud of how much money I saved--especially on the guest room make-over. I used part of an old duvet cover and just added the black and burgandy fabric. Then I made the curtains and the art above the bed.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Super cute, as always! I'm always impressed with the great things you do...you inspire me!

Cathy said...

Cute! Why did you never teach me how to sew in all those years we lived together? And why is there a picture of a moon with a hat on above the crib? So nice of you to leave a lint roller on the dresser for your house guests too. You're always thinking of others and their unwanted hair and lint needs.

Claire Thompson said...

awesome job Michelle, I really need new bedding, we just have a white duvet cover and it made me think that rather than new bedding maybe I could just jazz up what I already have. Maybe if I'm close by one day i could swing by and get some tips from you.

Tanya said...

great job! those rooms look great, you are awesome

Tanya said...

oh yeah and you are right we HAVE missed you in the blog world :D

Hillary said...

You are amazing! I love how you're transforming your house one room at a time. I especially love the coordinating bedding in the kids' room!

Sarah Heder said...

So when is one of those shows on the Home and Garden network going to hire you as their next crafty/amazing/talented/interior designer of clothes and everything else?! You are so talented! I love what you did!

Beth said...

I love all of it!!!!!!!! Can I hire you? My bedroom needs help... bad.

Claire said...

Great room makeovers! Caleb is insisting on redoing our living room and bedroom when he gets back from tour, so I'm inspired!