Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dining Room on a budget

Before

After



Ever since I moved into this house I've been slowly redecorating/remodeling one room at a time. The dining room is the latest thing I've done. It's been bothering me because it was still the original paint from the last makeover in the 70's and the color didn't match any other rooms nearby. Now I feel so much better because it flows, and makes me happy. We don't have much money, so I felt like design on a dime. I made the curtains and chair cushions. I re-painted the table which I don't have a "before" picture of. Then I repainted the room and cleaned the light fixture. Here are the before and after pictures. It isn't quite as good as I wanted it to be, but what can I say when there are limited funds. Plus Braden thinks I'm a little hard on myself--I am slightly perfectionistic.

7 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Michelle, geez, it looks amazing! They should hire you for one of those redecorating shows on the Home and Garden channel! The curtains are beautiful! The table is beautiful. The paint on the wall is beautiful! The cushions are beautiful! Someday when I have money (in my dreams) can I hire you to decorate my house? You are so talented!

Barty Family said...

You're too nice. The picture hides some of the flaws. It's not that impressive in person.

Kate said...

you are way too modest...it looks beautiful! the curtains make it look so sun shiny.
oh and repeat after me...
Thanks! none of this flaw business.

Brent and Emily said...

It really does look great! Go Michelle! :)

Beth said...

Awesome! I love it! Will you do my apartment next?

Tanya said...

That looks great, Michelle, I can't wait to see it in person

Spencer said...

Love it! Way too cute...you did a great job!