Saturday, July 12, 2008

What's the big deal?


This is a picture I took from my phone while I was at the mall with Jonah. I could not believe my eyes. This is worse than Disneyland! If you look really closely you can see that the line of people extends from the left side of the picture and makes a "u" over to the right side. That wasn't even the full line. What is going on? Then I realized that today was the day that the new iphone came out. They started at the apple store and that is the line! Come on people!! I don't understand why people can't wait for a few more days or even a month to buy it. I've always favored pc over mac anyway, but am I missing something? Does the phone come with a genie that grants you wishes or something? If I'm going to stand in line for a phone it better come with a maid, nanny, and a trip to Europe! Didn't the first iphone come out not too long ago too? Really if someone could explain to me why apple has such an effect on people I would like to know. I'm truly baffled.

6 comments:

Tawny said...

I'm on the same boat as you, the Baffeled Boat! I just don't get it either. Nick waited in line 6 1/2 hours today for one. He gets it, maybe we should ask him...

Amy said...

Although my husband did NOT wait in line for the new iPhone, he totally is one of those people. Steve loves Apple products with his whole heart and soul...and I guarantee he'll have one by week's end. I really think, if it came down to it, he might choose a MacBook Pro over eating for a month....no, really. :)

Claire Thompson said...

I'm not getting it either, aren't they like a couple hundred dollars to boot? don't get me wrong, they have some cool features but I don't think I'd wait in line. Sad cat story too!

Stevens Family said...

What I didn't get...we went to buy a webcam that day, unknown to us about IPhone coming out. The store was closed unless you waited in line and purchased a phone (WHAT!?!?)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was one of those people that waited in the line. ;)

We have everything apple....it becomes highly addicting!

JENNILLE said...

Amen, Sister! It's the power of peer pressure. Like in High School...everybody's doing it...you better too. Quite the trend.