Tuesday, August 12, 2008

20 Year Reunion

We just went to Braden's 20 year High School Reunion! Yikes! It's almost been that long for me too. Where does the time go? I haven't ever gone to my reunions because I didn't really enjoy high school the first time. It just would seem awkward to me because let's just say that wasn't the peak of my social career.

The invitation to this thing said "Cocktail Attire." I looked it up and it's supposed to be short dresses for the ladies and a suit for the men. Well I didn't want just any dress and I didn't want another black one. We were going for the look that would make people go "Wow! Braden's come a long way since high school, and look at his hot wife!" I also had special needs like sleeves, etc. which is a little hard to find in a non-dorky style. I decided to make my own dress. And here it is.





I took a close up of the fabric because I thought it was really pretty. It had some gold sparkly stuff in it which made it look a little more formal.

We also dyed Braden's hair to get rid of the gray. I think it made him look like he was ready for high school again. Plus with with the cute clothes I bought him, we were indestructable.



The reunion was fun--it almost seemed like a high school dance though. I think I was the woman showing the least amount of skin aside from the other mormon Braden went to school with. I looked a little too conservative and not very showy. I wouldn't say I looked like a trophy wife, but I didn't care. I was proud of my dress. I thought I looked cute, even if nobody else did. I was also excited I got to where my favorite shoes and the necklace I wore for my wedding.


12 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Michelle! I love your dress. and the necklace and shoes. so cute. and ain't it cool to cover up? leaves more to the imagination...wink wink. can't believe you made it! brooke

Margo said...

You look hot!! And I love the dress.

Claire said...

That dress looks really pretty and it looks like it fits you really well! Great job!
We are about 1 1/2 years from our first high school reunion possibility and we haven't decided if we'll go back yet. I think it would be more fun to go to one as "the hot wife" but unfortunately, Caleb and I went to the same high school. boo. Hope you had fun.

Sarah Heder said...

First of all, I love your new background layout. Secondly, I am IN LOVE with your dress. Sign me for one of those! It is beautiful! Again, I am so jealous of how talented you are. You look beautiful! I love the necklace! Love the shoes. The only thing I wanted to see that you didn't put on your post was Braden's outfit.

Kate said...

ya, I second Sarah...i was hoping to see the man without the gray. that's just too funny. you are beautiful and the dress is fabulous!

Beth said...

Gorgeous! You're so talented.

Barty Family said...

I really wanted to post a picture of Braden looking so hot but our camera takes really bad pictures sometimes, and the only ones we had of Braden were blurry. You'll just have to imagine!

Brent and Emily said...

Very nice. You totally pulled off the "hot wife" look. Awesome dress!

Tawny said...

Wow girl! You are talented! I'm sittin here all proud of myself for recovering my pillows... but you're in a whole other league. The cute dress league.

Tanya said...

that turned out so pretty, great job. You looked fabulous.

Spencer said...

Wow, that is so cute!!! You did a GREAT job.

dana said...

Michelle, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress! I had no idea you were a fellow seamstress. Beautiful work!
If you ever want to see my sewing blog you can find it here:
http://dana-made-it.blogspot.com/