Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Camping

Well we did it. We went camping with a one-year-old and a mom that doesn't really like camping unless there are flushing toilets. It wasn't too bad as far as camping goes, I just wish the drive there was a little prettier and there wasn't so much dirt.


The highlight of my trip was seeing the giant sequioas. They were truly magnificent. I felt like they were made for Disneyland or something because it's so hard to believe that things like that exist naturally.


Is that a squirrel?


Nope It's just Jonah!


For Jonah the highlight for him was spending time in his crib.






I don't know any other child that loves playing in his crib so much. Everytime we got back to our campsite he was so excited to get into his bed and play with his little doggie.




For Braden I think his highlight of the trip was any time Jonah and I were happy.
Here's a little trivia. If anyone has ever wondered how far you can go in your car when the "gas empty" light is on, then I have the answer. We drove 85 miles before we found a gas station to fill up, and the whole way or light was on. I'm just glad it was down hill most of the way. We were a little worried we going to be the next episode of "I shouldn't be alive." Hooray! for civilization!

6 comments:

Claire said...

Where did you go camp at? Caleb and I are trying to go sometime in the next few weeks, but haven't heard of a good reliable spot yet.

Barty Family said...

We went camping at the campground called lower peppermint campground located in sequoia national forest. You guys would probably like it. It takes about 4 hours to get there, but there are some cool falls, giant trees, and a natural rock water slide that you can slide down.

Claire Thompson said...

Michelle,
I wouldn't worry about the golf ball too much, its to big to go down his throat! and totally hot, awesome job on the dress.

Beth said...

Michelle - You are a trooper. I don't know if I could do it, but I'm not a camper. You guys sure make it look appealing in those pictures though.

Tawny said...

You're so funny! I like reading your take on the whole experience... and how in the world did you go over 80 miles on empty? Miracle!

Sarah Heder said...

Michelle, you're not supposed to look that cute when you go camping! You always look so good! I seriously can't believe you drove that long with the gas light on. I am shocked you guys made it that far --- good car or good prayers you must have been muttering to yourselves. Looks like you had a nice trip. And, I love that picture of Jonah poking his head out of the tree.