Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wonder Twin Powers.......

This Halloween was really our first one with Jonah kind of realizing what was happening. Ok-he didn't really. He just was excited to put things into his "trick or treat" bucket. He doesn't really know what candy is because I don't give it to him. As he was playing with his bucket full of candy this morning by putting the candy out and in over and over again, I walked into the room and noticed drool with a little chocolate dripping down his chin. He had taken a tiny bite out of the full sized hershey bar--wrapper and all. That's when I took the bucket away.







We had our church "trunk or treat" last week. That's when we debuted our Wonder Twins costumes that I made. I thought we looked pretty cute as Jana, Zan and Gleek. I especially loved Jonah's little monkey hood and super cape. We didn't win the costume contest, and I was a little bitter about it. I think super heroes are overlooked at Halloween. That's my consolation. Plus my friend Sarah and her family won, and they were pretty cute. She made their costumes too.
I'm hoping that Kip and Jean's family would want to wear our costumes in the future and their whole family can go as the super friends--there yours if you want them Jean. I just can't bare the thought of my hard work and cute costumes just sitting in our garage forever with nobody to admire them.

On the actual Halloween we went to a great party at our friends the Cookes. They live in a coveted trick or treating neighborhood because there are many famous people that live around there. We had a fantastic potluck dinner then all the kids went trick or treating around the neighborhood. Braden, Jonah and I left to go trick or treating in our neighborhood though because we wanted to show off how cute Jonah was to our neighbors and also because Braden totally decked out the house with hollograms and everything.







It was a lot of fun! I love Halloween!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Cute costumes! You are always so creative!

Tanya said...

You guys looked great, and you did an awesome job at making them.

Sarah Heder said...

Loved the shout-out we got on your blog! I'm with you. I would have been so bitter if I had made costumes like the ones you made and didn't win! You should demand a re-count! By the way, your house decorations look awesome! Braden does a good job.

dana said...

GREAT costumes. You did a fabulous job Michelle. And Braden, you are a brave man for wearing that.
Cool costumes from the Heders too!

Kathy said...

As always, Chelle, your sewing abilities rock! You guys look great. And the hologrammed house is very cool...the Barty's know how to do Halloween right. :)

Beth said...

Your house looks great!