Thursday, February 11, 2010

You know you're a mom when......

I am so excited about my vacuum!!! I bought a vacuum about 4 years ago when we got married. I totally HATE it. It was a semi-cheap (around $150) bagless vacuum. I could clean my floors better if I just got down and sucked it up myself, or let Ashton loose on the floor. So I really wanted to find a vacuum that actually works, but we haven't had a whole lot of money to spend on extra things. I found this vacuum.
It was $80 on every other website and even at the store, but BBB had to honor their online price. I also had a 20 percent off coupon, so I only ended up paying $40 for it. Now I'm thinking it's probably not a very good vacuum because it was so cheap, but I love it!! I can't say enough good about it. It picks up everything, doesn't loose suction, is light weight, easy to maneuver, easy to clean and empty and has reusable lifetime filters. The best part is that it was cheap!

Now what do I do with my old vacuum? I'm known for selling stuff, so I can afford to buy something new that I really, really want, that we haven't budgeted. For example my new Phil and Ted's Dash stroller-- LOVE IT!

Anyway I thought I could get $15 for it on craigslist, but just for fun I wanted to see if I could take it back to BBB. They took it back! I got a store credit for $109. Now I can afford to get a new rug and get rid of my ugly ghetto rug that I got when my neighbors were re-carpeting their house. They put the old carpet in rolls outside waiting to be thrown away. Well one man's trash is another man's treasure. I took it and figured it would be perfect for all the spit up and food stains it was about to receive.

So that's my vacuum story.

Oh and here's some pictures of my kids.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Yay! That's awesome about your vacuum. My numero uno item on my Christmas list last year was a brand new vacuum and when I got it I started vacuuming right away - Christmas morning! I'm so with you on this one . . . ;)

Kathy said...

Love a good deal! It's great to know that other people get excited about home appliances, too! :)

Kathy said...

By the way...what kind of vaccuum is it? The link to BBB pulls up a "No Longer Available" page.

Barty Family said...

That's so weird. They took it off right after I posted it on my blog. They're on to me I guess. I changed the link to target. You can see what kind of vacuum on there now.

Beth said...

Wait, you took back your OLD vacuum to BBB??? And they gave you $109 for it? That is crazy. How old was it?? Very cool story.

Chrissie said...

How can you take your vacuum back? Did you have the box/receipt? That's my kind of girl! Sevak and I are also known for returning things and selling them on craigslist. Hehe.

Cathy said...

I just want to take that stroller for a spin around the block!