Friday, October 10, 2008

Little People Big Fun!

It was great to get out of this constant sunny weather for a while and enjoy the rain and beauty it brings. Braden had to go to Seattle for business, so I decided Jonah and I would tag along. We would only need to buy one plane ticket among all the other reasons why we just had to go. My good friend Kathy and her family just moved to Seattle, and our other good friends Erik and Jennille just moved to Portland. Not to mention that the Roloff Farms is there where they film "Little People Big World." Erik and Braden are slightly obsessed with the show--I think Erik is a little more than Braden. To Braden it's just normal life.
Braden, Me, Jonah, Jennille, and Erik posing with Amy Roloff


Us with Matt Roloff's parents.




This is over looking Seattle.
I liked the way I look in this picture--probably because I'm blurry. Jonah isn't even facing the camera. He's not that enthusiastic about pictures.


This is Jonah with his little buddy Caleb. We stayed with Kathy. This was the only picture we took. I don't know why. It was fun watching Jonah play with Liam (who is about a year and a half older) and Caleb (who is about 3 months younger).




We also got to visit a place called Voodoo Doughnuts because they had an autographed picture of Braden's dad Billy Barty on the wall. They also had great doughnuts. It was a bit reminiscent of the Soup Nazi.



Family shot in front of the Portland temple

10 comments:

Tanya said...

That looks like it was tons of fun. YOu guys saw lots of stuff while you were up there. I wish I could visit Washington, my old stomping ground. I've got to get Bryan up there some day. We are so glad you are back though.

Our Micro-Preemie organization said...

Voodoo Donuts! We went there and told Braden about the picture. Hope the donuts tasted a little better than ours did. We had such high hopes for the place too! :)

Beth said...

I love that picture of Jonah and the pumpkins. And I LOVE Portland and Seattle. Such great cities.

Sarah Heder said...

That seriously looks like it was an awesome trip! I love that Braden got to visit the doughnut shop that had a picture of his dad. That is so cool! And, the Little People, Big World farm looked like fun. Isn't the Portland temple gorgeous?! We've been there so many times because Dan is from Salem (about a 40 minute drive south of Portland). I love it there in Oregon. It is stunning!

dana said...

Sounds like a really fun trip! Casey has to go to Seattle soon for business. Maybe I'll tag along too!

Kathy said...

It was so great to see you, Chelle! I don't know why we didn't take more pictures of the kids, either. Maybe we were too busy playing Scramble. :)

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great trip! If we get a chance I'd love to see you even if it's at our hotel. We are staying at the Hilton across from Disney, email me your ph# just in case I have an old one.

Tawny said...

Wow!! That temple is gorgeous! I've never seen it before. The rain does sound nice...

Hansen's blog said...

I love that show! So cool that you got to tour their farm. I've never been to that part of the country, but I hear it is beautiful.

Kim said...

Michelle--

I found your blog through the dana suman's blog. Had to see what you're up to. DARLING little boy!!

Looks like life is treating you perfectly!! You deserve it!

BTW--I love Little People, Big World...I want to go to their farm!